About the Company
We are a rapidly growing mobile games studio, offering a great environment to attract the top talent. Our mission is to bring the knowledge and experience of a chart-topping mobile games company into a close-knit, collaborative environment. Our guiding principle as a team is that when people love what they do, what they do will be loved by others. The studio is filled with people who love taking things apart and figuring out how they work. We enjoy problem-solving and most importantly, we LOVE making games. Tripledot Studios was founded by a team of industry veterans from some of the biggest names in mobile games such as King, Peak Games, Facebook, and Product Madness. Tripledot recently won Tech Growth Business of the Year!
About the Role
Tripledot Studios are looking for a Data Scientist to join the Data Science team in either our London or Barcelona office. Successful candidates will partner closely with product and marketing to use their expertise to make our games and business even better. We currently capture 10,000+ data points per second (and growing fast!) so this is a great opportunity for the right candidate to join a fast-growing company and make an impact on our games that are played by millions of players every day. You’ll be working alongside a team of enthusiastic Data Scientists coming from a variety of backgrounds (including ex- King, Google, start-ups and Big4 consultancy) with a best-in-class tech stack including Snowflake, Airflow, AWS ECS, ECR, SageMaker, and MLFlow.
- Partner with Product and Marketing teams to discover and deliver projects that use data, statistics and machine learning. Deliver insights to drive business decisions and design algorithms that can be used in our games and systems to improve their functionality.
- Work with data engineers to ensure proper dimensions and metrics are incorporated into our pipelines. Develop an excellent understanding of relevant internal and external data sources.
- Work together with other data scientists to develop and promote best practices in analytics and experimentation across the company. Work with data engineering and developers to design and build internal self-service analytics and experimentation tooling.
Research shows that some groups, such as women, are less likely to apply for jobs unless they think they’re 100% qualified. If this opportunity and our company interests you, please do submit an application even if you don’t feel like you satisfy all of the requirements.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative subject or equivalent experience.
- Experience articulating product questions, identifying and querying data (SQL) and using statistics to arrive at an answer.
- A sound understanding of statistics (probability distributions, sampling, hypothesis testing, regression) and experience in applying some of these concepts in real-life problems.
- Experience using statistical software and programming using R, SQL, python or similar in datasets.
- Excellent communication skills to understand business needs of cross-functional stakeholders, deliver findings and recommendations, as well as to drive collaboration.
- Experience in identifying opportunities for product or business improvements and measuring the success of those initiatives.
- Good organisation and attention to detail – demonstrated by e.g. experience in maintaining and organising documentation, metadata and/or working to coding style guides.
- Experience in designing, building and maintaining dashboards using software such as Looker, Qlik or Tableau.
- Experience in applying modelling techniques e.g. time series forecasting, segmentation / clustering, anomaly detection.
- Competitive Salary plus options
- Yearly CPD allowance for learning and development materials, courses, and seminars
- Health insurance, Dental, Life, and Critical Illness cover
- Subsidised gym membership and cycle to work scheme
- Regular perks such as cocktail parties, game nights and company events
Tripledot Studios is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.