About the Company
We are a rapidly growing mobile games studio, founded by a team of industry veterans from some of the biggest names in mobile games such as King, Peak Games, Facebook, and Product Madness. Our mission is to bring the knowledge and experience of a chart-topping mobile games company into a close-knit, collaborative environment. Our guiding principle as a team is that when people love what they do, what they do will be loved by others. The studio is filled with people who love taking things apart and figuring out how they work. We enjoy problem-solving and most importantly, we LOVE making games. We are passionate about our craft and work closely across all disciplines to ensure that passion makes its way into every aspect of our games.
About Tripledot Barcelona
As part of our rapid growth, we are creating a new team in Barcelona. The Tripledot Barcelona team will take the lead on locally created titles, and participate in creating and improving our wider portfolio of titles. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a world-class team from the early days, and have an invaluable impact on the culture and the composition of the team.
About the Role
At Tripledot you’ll be responsible for maintaining a high degree of polish and quality across all our games, ensuring that they look and feel fantastic. Are you an experienced technical artist who understands the visual styles and trends of the mobile games ecosystem? Do you have strong opinions on which games look good, and why? Can you create beautiful, market-quality art and assets with a player demographic in mind? If so, we’re the team for you.
At Tripledot, a Technical Artist is a Unity expert; the critical link between art and code, able to tackle any number of varied tasks within the engine.
- Design and implement the ‘Unity layer’ which links the art and animation of the game artists to the functionality of the programmers’ underlying codebase.
- Construct games within Unity, including the use of Unity UI, in accordance with our in-house technical workflow.
- Write custom components in C# when control over complex visual elements is required.
- Optimise the games so that they run smoothly and efficiently on the widest possible range of mobile devices.
- Create animations, particle effects and custom shaders when necessary.
- Support and mentor game artists on technical issues.
Our Technical Artists are all game developers. We’re particularly interested in candidates who’ve worked on their own game projects.
- Expertise in the Unity engine and Unity UI in particular.
- Experience with different architectural approaches to building a game in Unity, especially with regards to making it possible for multiple disciplines (art, animation, audio) to work independently in the engine.
- The ability to write clean, performant C# code when necessary.
- A drive to solve problems in a thoughtful, elegant way.
- The drive to proactively clean up or fix unoptimised assets and knowing when to do so.
- Experience working closely with programmers, and the ability to communicate technical information to them remotely.
- Eligible to work in Spain.
- Professional-level English.
- Applicants may be asked to complete a short technical art test at home.
- Phantom Shares
- Private Health and Dental insurance
- Life and Critical Illness Cover
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Monthly meal and transport allowance
- Subsidised gym membership
- Yearly Learning and Development allowance for materials, courses, and seminars
- Regular TDS perks such as home-delivered cocktails, game nights, TDS merchandising, and a PS5 for Christmas
Applications should be sent to Jobs@Tripledotstudios.com
Tripledot Studios is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status
To apply for this job email your details to Jobs@Tripledotstudios.com