About the Company
Tripledot Fortune is a newly formed division of Tripledot Studios set up to design, build and launch mobile peer to peer games of skill. Tripledot Studios is a fast-growing independent mobile games studio, founded by a team of industry veterans from some of the biggest names in mobile games such as King, Peak Games, Facebook, and Product Madness. We have a people-first culture, matching the growth of our company with the growth of our staff.
About the role
At Tripledot, a Technical Artist is a Unity expert; the critical link between art and code, able to tackle any number of varied tasks within the engine including, but not limited to:
- Designing and implementing the ‘Unity layer’ which links the art and animation of the game artists to the functionality of the programmers’ underlying codebase.
- Constructing games within Unity, including the use of Unity UI, in accordance with our in-house technical workflow.
- Writing custom components in C# when control over complex visual elements is required.
- Optimizing the games so that they run smoothly and efficiently on the widest possible range of mobile devices.
- Creating animations, particle effects and custom shaders when necessary.
- Supporting and mentoring game artists on technical issues.
- You’ll be responsible for maintaining a high degree of polish and quality across all our games, ensuring that they look and feel fantastic.
Our Technical Artists are all game developers. We’re particularly interested in candidates who’ve worked on their own game projects.
- Expertise in the Unity engine and Unity UI in particular.
- Experience in different architectural approaches to building a game in Unity, especially with regards to making it possible for multiple disciplines (art, animation, audio) to work independently in the engine.
- The ability to write clean, performant C# code when necessary.
- A drive to solve problems in a thoughtful, elegant way.
- The drive to proactively clean up or fix unoptimised assets and knowing when to do so.
- Experience working closely with programmers, and the ability to communicate technical information to them remotely.
- Experience working with Git and knowledge of its best practices.
- Unity Editor scripting ability.
- Phantom Shares.
- Private Health and Dental insurance.
- Life and Critical Illness cover.
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays.
- Monthly meal and transport allowance.
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Yearly Learning and Development allowance for materials, courses, and seminars.
- Regular company events and rewards.
Applications should be sent to Jobs@Tripledotstudios.com
Tripledot Studios is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to Jobs@tripledotstudios.com