About the Company
We are a rapidly growing mobile games studio, offering a great environment to attract top talent. Our mission is to bring the knowledge and experience of a chart-topping mobile games company into a close-knit, collaborative environment. Our guiding principle as a team is that when people love what they do, what they do will be loved by others. The studio is filled with people who love taking things apart and figuring out how they work. We enjoy problem-solving and most importantly, we LOVE making games. We are passionate about our craft and work closely across all disciplines to ensure that passion makes its way into every aspect of our games. Tripledot Studios was founded by a team of industry veterans from some of the biggest names in mobile games such as King, Peak Games, Facebook, and Product Madness.
About the Role
As a Story Writer, your writing skills and passion for games will bring meaningful stories and interesting characters of our mobile games to life. Collaborating closely with the project’s core design team you will be championing the game’s story, functioning as the key point of contact for all things narrative related.
- Work with the development team to brainstorm creative ways to encapsulate the game’s core mechanics through story and narrative;
- Define characters, their backstories & personalities; Identify plot lines, story arcs and narrative beats that support the game design
- Write and iterate on scripts for the dialogue for the quests and chapters of the game
- Provide direction on how the scripts for dialogue for the quests and chapters will be presented in the game (for example, which emotions characters should visibly express)
- Collaborate with the design, art & QA teams to ensure that all the script’s story elements are correctly integrated.
- Work with the game designer and the economy designer to create a sensible mission structure (objectives and rewards).
- Evaluates player feedback on tutorial and missions
- Collaborate with marketing & ad creative teams to help showcase the game’s narrative in our marketing & branding
- Previous experience as a writer on a mobile game
- Demonstrate strong skills as a writer and editor
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to clearly convey ideas into narrative writing
- Open-minded, data-driven and able to think critically, especially with respect to player feedback
- Perfect knowledge of spoken and written English
- Passion for games and ambition to create a Best Narrative Award title
- Must understand how a story is used to support game mechanics and enhance player retention.
- Competitive Salary plus options
- Yearly CPD allowance for learning and development materials, courses, and seminars
- Health insurance, Dental, Life, and Critical Illness cover
- Subsidised gym membership and cycle to work scheme
- Regular perks such as cocktail parties, game nights and company events
Applications should be sent to Jobs@Tripledotstudios.com
Tripledot Studios is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status
To apply for this job email your details to Jobs@Tripledotstudios.com