Senior UI Artist
Job type: Permanent
Job status: Full time
Seniority Level: Senior
We’re an independent mobile games studio based in London and founded by a team of veterans from some of the biggest names in mobile games. Our ‘thing’ is combining creativity and science to make games that can be enjoyed by everyone. Our guiding principle is that when people love what they do, what they do will be loved by others.
It’s an exciting time at Tripledot. Building upon the success of our first two years, we’ve begun a transition to develop bigger and more ambitious games, demanding higher standards of quality and visual design. This is an opportunity to join an exciting and ambitious mobile game studio at a critical moment, where you will join a growing team of game artists and take ownership over the visual design of new features, as well as entire new games. Are you an experienced artist who understands the visual styles and trends of the mobile games ecosystem? Can you create beautiful, market-quality art and assets with a player demographic in mind? Do you have strong opinions on which games look good, and why? If so, we’re the team for you.
About the Role
At Tripledot, a Senior Game Artist is assigned to either a new feature or an entirely new game where they lead the visual design of that project. Their responsibilities include:
- Creating initial UX flow diagrams, guided by a game design document.
- Designing and developing an appropriate visual style for the project with an awareness of player demographics and the quality level of competitors in the market.
- Creating the user interface (UI) with UX best practices in mind.
- Creating UI-related key artwork and illustrations for the project.
- Discussing designs with the Producer throughout development to ensure they are aligned with the product vision and iterating upon them when necessary.
- Preparing briefs for external studios when large quantities of artwork is needed, giving them direction and feedback as required.
- Implementing designs into the Unity engine, assisted by the in-house technical art team.
- The skill and eye for design you bring to the team will have a significant impact on the look and feel of our future games.
For this role, we’re looking for an experienced UI Artist to ensure the quality of UI in our games, in both design and visual polish, so that our new projects can stand out in the competitive mobile games market. We value artists who have a range of skills as there will be many opportunities to use them throughout the game development process.
- A portfolio of previous mobile game experience, displaying high-quality work on par with the big players in the mobile game industry.
- Previous experience working in a team on at least one substantial live mobile game product.
- Understanding of the mobile games market, its design styles and trends; how a blockbuster game needs to look, and why.
- The ability to draw from references within, and outside of the games industry.
- An eagerness to learn, to get hands-on with the game engine and to help improve our workflow.
And we appreciate:
- A grounding in graphic design and typography.
- Experience working with the Unity game engine.
You must be eligible to work in the UK & speak professional-level English. Applicants may be asked to complete a short art test at home.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Senior Game Artist (UI)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com