Senior UI Artist
Job type: Permanent
Job status: Full time
Seniority Level: Senior
We’re a small, independent, and well-funded mobile games studio based in London’s West End. We were founded by a team of veterans from some of the biggest names in games such as King, Peak Games, Facebook and Product Madness. Our thing is combining creativity and science, with a little business know-how, to make games that can be enjoyed by everyone. Our guiding principle as a team is that when people love what they do, what they do will be loved by others.
The creative team is composed of experienced artists who are self-motivated and have the diverse range of skills required in such a small studio. We are passionate about our craft and work closely with the developers to make sure that passion makes it into our games. We’re also all serial creators and are always working on one pet project or another.
About the Role
We are searching for a proven, enthusiastic, senior-level UI Artistto join our team. You’ll be responsible for taking a game from a brief all the way to the finished product. This will involve assembling design references and conducting competitor analysis, wire-framing the UX flow, before moving into production to create UI assets in Photoshop or Illustrator, assisted by the in-house art team.
Do you have an eye for modern Mobile Game graphic design styles? Can you confidently take a game idea to a finished, competitive, polished design that could be enjoyed by millions? Do you have a passion for clean, effective UX? If so, this is the role for you.
- A strong portfolio of your previous UI Designs, ideally showing a range of varying styles
- An understanding of the current Mobile Games market and its more popular design styles
- Discerning opinions of what constitutes good UI design — knowing what you like and why
- The ability to design and create UI assets to a clean, professional standard
- Professional experience with Photoshop and/or Illustrator
- Experience with Unity, particularly its UI system is huge bonus
- Experience working and communicating closely with Developers
- An eagerness to learn new technical skills
- Must be eligible to work in the UK & speak professional-level English
Applicants may be required to complete a short art test at home.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Application: Senior UI Designer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com