Job type: Permanent
Job status: Full time
About Tripledot We’re an independent mobile games studio based in Fitzrovia, London, founded by a team of veterans from some of the biggest names in games such as King, Peak Games, Facebook and Product Madness. Our thing is combining creativity and science, with a little business know-how, to make games that can be enjoyed by everyone. Our guiding principle is that when people love what they do, what they do will be loved by others.
The creative team is composed of experienced artists who are self-motivated and have the diverse range of skills required in such a small studio. We are passionate about our craft and work closely with the development team to make sure that this passion makes it into our games. We’re also all serial creators and are always working on one pet project or another.
About the Role
We are searching for a proven, enthusiastic, senior-level UI Designer to join our team. This role may involve working on any of our current and future projects, so the ideal candidate would be comfortable working in various visual styles.
You’ll be responsible for working with a Producer to take a project (whether it be a new feature or a whole new game) from an idea through the concept and design phases to a fully finished product. This involves producing references and conducting competitor analysis, wireframing the User Experience flow, designing and creating UI assets in Photoshop or Illustrator, and then implementing your design into the engine, assisted by the Technical Art team.
Do you have an eye for modern Mobile Game graphic design styles? Can you confidently take a game idea to a finished, competitive, polished design that could be enjoyed by millions? Do you have a passion for clean, effective User Experience? If so, this is the role for you.
● A strong portfolio of UI art & design, ideally showing a range of varying styles
● An understanding of the current Mobile Games market and its popular design styles
● Discerning opinions of what constitutes good UI design — knowing what you like and why
● The ability to design and create UI assets to a clean, professional standard
● Professional expertise in Photoshop and/or Illustrator
● Proven experience of the entire game development process, from pitch to finished product
● Knowledge of Unity, particularly its UI system is a huge bonus
● Experience working and communicating closely with Developers
● An eagerness to learn new technical skills
● Must be eligible to work in the UK & speak professional-level English
Applicants may be required to complete an art test at home.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com with the subject ‘Application: Senior UI Artist’
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org