Job type: Permanent
Job status: Full time
We’re an independent mobile games studio based in London and founded by a team of veterans from some of the biggest names in mobile games. Our ‘thing’ is combining creativity and science to make games that can be enjoyed by everyone. Our guiding principle is that when people love what they do, what they do will be loved by others.
It’s an exciting time at Tripledot. Building upon the success of our first three years, we’ve begun developing bigger and more ambitious games, demanding higher standards of quality and visual design. This is an opportunity to join an exciting and ambitious mobile game studio at a critical moment, where you will join a growing team of game artists and take ownership over the visual design of new features, as well as entire new games. Are you an experienced artist who understands the visual styles and trends of the mobile games ecosystem? Can you create beautiful, market-quality art and assets with a player demographic in mind? Do you have strong opinions on which games look good, and why? If so, we’re the team for you.
About the role
At Tripledot, a Technical Artist is a Unity expert; the critical link between art and code, able to tackle any number of varied tasks within the engine including, but not limited to:
- Designing and implementing the ‘Unity layer’ which links the art and animation of the game artists to the functionality of the programmers’ underlying codebase.
- Constructing games within Unity, including the use of Unity UI, in accordance with our in-house technical workflow.
- Writing custom components in C# when control over complex visual elements is required.
- Optimizing the games so that they run smoothly and efficiently on the widest possible range of mobile devices.
- Creating animations, particle effects and custom shaders when necessary.
- Supporting and mentoring game artists on technical issues.
- Expertise in the Unity engine and Unity UI in particular.
- Experience of different architectural approaches to building a game in Unity, especially with regards to making it possible for multiple disciplines (art, animation, audio) to work independently in the engine.
- The ability to write clean, performant C# code when necessary.
- A drive to solve problems in a thoughtful, elegant way.
- The drive to proactively clean up or fix unoptimised assets and knowing when to do so.
- Experience working closely with programmers, and the ability to communicate technical information to them remotely.
- Experience working with Git and knowledge of its best practices.
- Unity Editor scripting ability.
- Competitive Salary plus options
- Yearly CPD allowance for learning and development materials, courses, and seminars
- Health insurance, Dental, Life, and Critical Illness cover
- Subsidised gym membership and cycle to work scheme
- Regular company events and rewards
Applications should be sent to Jobs@Tripledotstudios.com
Tripledot Studios is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status
To apply for this job email your details to Jobs@Tripledotstudios.com